I’m sure some people may tell you that you don’t need to prepare ahead of time for baby, relating to household items or products that you get at the store that don’t actually relate to having the baby. I beg to differ, I am stocking up before baby arrives on household supplies for a few reasons:
1. Less pay during maternity leave
2. Easier trips to the store for hubs
3. Back ups in case something quickly goes empty
4. Lots of visitors
I ordered a lot of this online from Wal-Mart and just kept one of the boxes to use for storage. I refuse to touch any of these items until after baby arrives!
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Paper plates (I plan on using these for the first few weeks to keep dishes down)
- Tooth paste
- Body wash
- Dishwasher soap
- Hand soap (you’ll have a lot of guests over most likely and will go through this fairly quickly)
- Water bottles
I also have a list for what I’m packing in my delivery bag, feel free to check it out. I’m not sure what I will actually use or not use but I am trying to not over pack. Keep in mind I am giving birth at a birth center. Well – that’s the plan.
Get to shopping and stocking up!